Ever wondered what it must be like to be in a Top Dawg Entertainment recording studio? Well, fans got a glimpse this week as the record label’s “studio rules” surfaced online.
TDE, which is home to major artists like Kendrick Lamar and ScHoolboy Q, have five rules for once you’re inside the studio (an additional rule outside the studio is “If you not the homie, don’t come in here.”)
But assuming you are the homie and you make it through the door, there are other commandments you must abide by. They include being able to keep your phone in your pocket, and being able to take a roasting … Of course, the actual TDE rulebook says it better than we ever could:
1. If you ainât one the homies donât be Instagramming you creepy muthafucka. I donât wanna look on yo Twitter and find a creepy ass pic me or one the homies, matter fact, No Twitter or Instagram in the studio! Act like you been around a bunch rich niggaz from the bottom before!
2. If the homies just met you and decide to clown your bitch azz, sit there and deal with it. Itâs part the creative juices.
3. Donât touch, ask, or reach for Qâs weed, unless he thinks you cool enuff to pass it to you. We only smoke stersonals around here boy.
4. Shut up and look ugly for the homies.
5. Remember these rules and you might get a meal out the food budget.